Why aren't you

Getting a flu shot?
Or why aren't you getting a flu shot for your little ones?
I have been surprised by the number of people on Cafemom that say they are not getting them.
Can you share your reason or reasons?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• We are a vaccine free family. If you'd like to know more about what led us in that direction you're welcome to contact me privately.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• THere simply is no good reason why we can't boost our immune system the way God intended. I do not want chemicals injected into my body, let alone my children's!
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 8:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't believe in them. I don't agree with chemical enhancements when I have an immune system that does just fine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If you want all my reasons for having a vaccine free family beyond the flu vax, I have the majority of my reasons on my website...

Here

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't want the h1n1 part of it, and I can't find anywhere that doesn't have them combined with that. My mom recently got the shot and had the flu withing 24 hours. No thanks. We're all healthy and have strong enough immune systems to handle it if we catch it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It only MAY protect you against 2 strains (plus swine flu) of the flu out of the hundreds of strains. And scientists only really guess as to which 2 strains will be prevalent. It makes no sense to me to get it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I wont now because it's combined with the H1N1 and that is way to new for me to trust. They came out with it to fast to really know wht the long term side effects will be. My good friends friend got it and it killed him, so yeah I don't trust it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, we don't vaccinate at all... It's healthier to get the flu, get treated, fight it off and build a healthy natural immune system that will last a life time than it is to inject dangerous and potentially deadly chemicals in to your body... That goes for my children, myself, and my husband as well... I'm generally more amazed at the amount of people that buy in to the propaganda and actually do get these than I am at the amount who don't...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We don't get them. Seems like people who get them actually end up sick more than people who don't. If my kids are going to get the flu, then they're going to get it. I'd rather have their body fight it off naturally.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We are a healthy family, we have no need for it.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010