How can I deal with an overbearing mother-in-law?

brniz68

Asked by brniz68 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• When mine gets overbearing....I tell DH to deal with it or I stop talking to her for a few days or so. It's worked so far.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• This is a toughy because it depends how pushy she is. The woman who is my MIL (9 years), had never had ANYONE ever tell her the word "no". So of course I am the most horrid human alive since I did. We tried to work it out, but it has been 3 years now since we have had any contact with her and, it has been GREAT! The key is, my husband also realizes she is a drama queen so we don't fight about it. We did at first but after our pastor at church talked with him and told him it was OK to seperate from anyone trying to drag you down as long as you forgave them he was fine with it. So we wish her the best, but she no longer gets the opportunity to upset our family. Or your situation may be as simple as just putting your foot down. I've had 3 MIL's and have had issues with 2.
    Anonymous

• PRAY ABOUT IT... GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous