When to give an ex another shot.

okay, I date this guy my freshmen year of high school for like a year, he was going through alot and we stopped dating and talking. he has grown up in a very rough home and has been into some trouble. he has just came back to town and wants me to be with him and give him another chance.... i'm currently in a relationship... but i do have feelings for him "the ex"...

lilma0608

Asked by lilma0608 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Finish your current relationship first! Do not break up with him, just to give Mr. Ex a chance. IMO he had his chance, now he needs to wait for you!
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 8:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• did you ever hear the saying 'you are exs for a reason, leave it like that. if it didn't work the first time, its not gona work this time.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 8:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I partially agree with Otoole. You have to look at why he was your ex and if those reasons can be forgiving and forgotten to try again. Secondly, are these "Feelings" only there because your current relationship isn't satisfying? I don't see that a person looks to seek out someone else while in a relationship unless they aren't satisfied. So you have to look at your current relationship and see if it's just that relationship that's causing your eye to wander. Or if you genuinely have feelings for this ex.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i wouldnt even bother with the "ex" you may not need to be with your current bf though bc you are thinking of leaving him for the ex.. i would let them both go and look else where
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010