is adoption good

jumpingjack

Asked by jumpingjack at 11:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Adoption

• if u cant have kids
    jumpingjack

Answer by jumpingjack at 11:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Why not? If you think you can handle it and have the money to do it, then I would say go for it. There are so many kids bouncing around the system that needs some stability in their lives. I think it's fine even if you CAN have kids.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'm trying to understand... you asked the question and then answered it... Are you asking if it's good if you can't have kids? OR are you saying it is only good if you can have children??

I am an adoptive mother and a bio mom. We experienced infertility, but we had always wished to adopt from China. When we lost our daughter at 36 weeks, we took a long look at our lives. We finally decided that we wanted to go ahead with our adoption plans instead of trying again for a biological child. 4 years later, we brought home our daughter Lilly from China. She will be 3 next week. We had a surprise pregnancy 8 months after coming home and we now have a 12 week old little girl as well. Honestly, I love adoption! We are more in love with our daughter everyday. She is such a joy. Lilly is a beautiful, engaging, giggling, smart, silly, fun loving little girl.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 12:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• y not. the kids that r up for adoption would love parents..dont they deserve a family too?
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have given birth to 1 child, adopted 8, and I'm in the process of adopting 2 more. I'm hoping to adopt another child who is waiting right now, but I'm waiting to find out if we are chosen. ADOPTION IS WONDERFUL!
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Adoption is just like everything else out there...it has its good parts and it has its bad parts and it has its good people and it has its bad people. Our adoption story probably isn't considered one of the "good" ones, but yet I know there are tons out there that are.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• guess its good if your an adoptive parent. good for the kids? sometimes..depends if its a foster care thing then sure its good but infant adoption, well, not always. is it good for bmom's? usually not. they have the most to lose.
    Anonymous

• Without adoption we wouldn't have our wonderful little girls today. The journey isn't the easiest thing in the world, and you have to be prepared for emotional times, but overall...I think adoption is GREAT! One of our daughters was private adoption, the other was foster care adoption. Both were equally emotinal roller coaster, but for different reasons. If you're prepared for it mentally, then adoption can be a great thing for all involved. Our first daughter's BM got to go and continue her education and do what she wants in her life (it was entirely her decision to place her baby for adoption), and our second daughter....she got taken out of a bad environment and placed with us, so now she is loved and taken care and in a safe place.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 2:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• its only GREAT & WONDERFUL if your an amom
    Anonymous

• i have two birth children and we are in the process of foster to adopt. So i think adoption is good as long as you really want to do it.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 4:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008