should i be upset?

my mom and my aunt took my older son and niece to a festival today, they also took my nephew who is 3. They did not offer to take my son. The reason that this upsets me is because my sister in law throws a fit if they take my son and not hers, but it is ok to take her son and not mine. i do not have much time to myself at all so it would have been nice to have a day to myself, my sister in law has a sitter anytime she needs 1. i don't like getting upset over petty things but she was the 1 that started the well if u take her son then u will take mine. which i think is ridiculous anyway.

hollieshobbie

Asked by hollieshobbie at 9:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old is the child they didn't take? Maybe they thought he was too young?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yeah, I'd be upset! I'm sure it hurt your son's feelings!
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 9:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• both of the boys r 3.
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If they both are 3, they probably would of had a lot of fun together at the festival. I would be upset but not enough to throw a fit over it.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i normally wouldn't say anything, but since my sil gets mad and throws a fit if my son goes and hers doesn't , then why is it ok for him to go and leave my son out, and i definately believe that he would have loved it he would have just loved spending the day with all of them.
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• They should have taken your son too!
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• They should have taken your son too. Why would they take one child and not the other? But if you throw a fit you look just as bratty as your sister in law. Just calmly explain to your mother in law that you feel both of your children should receive consideration.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010