Need Decor Help: Forest Green carpet, lots of wood trim...

I rent the home we live in, and it has forest green carpet and lots of wood trim. The wood trim is on the dark side....
So not only do I have the forest green carpet against me, but the house is LONG and narrow....I'm having a hard time placing furniture and picking colors that would look decent to go along with the carpet. Help!?

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 9:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'll add as well, we have to stick to the wood trim and the carpet, but we can change the wall colors.....they're white right now.
    CABlonde

Comment by CABlonde (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Well contrary to popular belief, bright colors actually give the feeling of opening up a space if done correctly. I would go with something like red as an accent color, maybe use some off white as well. Unless the walls are really bad, I'd probably just leave them alone.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• how about something light, like a light peach softer green, maybe even a dove grey
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010