How could he put us through this again?

Let me start of by saying my husband IS a good man, but he made a horrible mistake a week ago and now our lively hood hands in the balance. He slipped up and smoked pot and now they are drug testing him today and he very well could fail b/c it was a week ago. He said it was only once if so he might pass, but he is going fess up to his boss on what happened. This would be the third job he lost due to this it used to really be a problem but he did good for 2 years (atleast i think) I just need some encouragement please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Cont.
    He has to understand that this temporary fix is only going to cause more damage in the future and he needs to address issues as they come verbally to you. You are his partner and he needs your total support in this, no matter what. Hopefully he doesn't lose his job, for the sake of income, but hopefull he learns a lesson from this by doing something stupid and getting the Sh** scared out of him, so that he doesn;t do it again in the future. Sorry, and I hope all works out.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• UNLESS HE TOOK SOMETHING TO CLEAN HIS SYSTEM OUT, ITS HIGHLY UNLIKELY THAT IT WILL LEAVE HIS SYSTEM. ONCE IS JUST AS BAD AS 10 TIMES, ITS WEED. WEED STAYS IN YOUR SYSTEM FOR 30 DAYS. GOOD LUCK. HOPEFULLY HE IS A GOOD WORKER BECAUSE IF NOT THEY WILL LET HIM GO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I believe there's a home test kit sold at CVS, perhaps even other drug stores that he can buy and give himself to find out if its still in his system. Like a heads-up of what to expect.
    Loba

Answer by Loba at 11:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• If he has not smoked pot for awhile & he did it only once a week ago he will pass. Do you know for sure if he only did it once or is there a possibility that he has done it more? Some people just really have a difficult time with peer pressure. (no excuse though, I know) I would talk to your husband & let him know that he has to stop this, for the sake of his family. You guys come first & losing a job for a hit is definitely not worth it. Maybe nothing will come out of it & he will get to keep his job. I would just take the test when it was there for me to take but I'm not sure if I would say anything to anyone about smoking since that is a guaranteed strike on him & the boss may have no choice but to fire him because it was your husbands words that he had smoked. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Well unless he flushed out his system it is likely ti will show up. If he knows they are testing him regularly he shouldn't of smoked pot. Most of the people I know quit (smoking) or didn't take a job when they knew they would be tested. Thier are wyas to flush it out of his system but if it is taken today it is probably too late. I would tell him if I where you if he plans on making this a regular thing to get a job that doesn't test. If I were you I would be pissed not because he smoked it but because he smoked it knowing he would be tested, the way the job market is, keeping a job is the most important thing every has to do. I think it i stime to have one of those serious talks with him if I were you. Goodluck! (sorry I am not entirely against people smoking pot, as long as they are smart about it, taking a job that drug test and smoking is just stupid)
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 12:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• sorry for the typos
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 12:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• if he only took a hit or two then he still could pass but if he fesses up to the boss and then passes he still could lose his job so that is a tough one
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• There may be the option of rehab for him. And in any event it would be a good idea for him to go through it. I don't care what you believe about the legality of pot or the harm/harmlessness of it. Fact is, it's against the law. Fact is, your husband has lost two jobs due to it already. Fact is, he keeps getting tested which tells me he must be in some kind of job where he needs to be clear-headed.

He should come clean BEFORE the test and talk with his Human Resources department about rehab.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'm sure your husband is a good man. I know lot's of people who smoke pot and like anyone else are good people with good jobs. They're fortunate in that their jobs don't require drug testing. That being said, it's unfortunate that such a thing done in the privacy of your home is illegal...seems to me it's none of anyone's busines what you do in your home as long as you're not hurting anyone. The thing is, if you get a job that you think might test you, you have two choices, don't go for a job like that or stop smoking pot. I know a guy who drank nothing but water...more then 8 glasses a day, everyday, that's all he had in his system was water and he was tested. It came out inconclusive because that's all there was...water. So they rescheduled another test, by that time his system was clean thanks to the water.
    ajones052904

Answer by ajones052904 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my hubby lost a job a couple weeks ago after not smoking for nearly two weeks. there are products at head shops that will help clean you out - you take like an hour or two before the test. i understand your frustration completely. personally i feel that drug testing is invasive and shouldn't be done unless there are issues with work and if there is dangerous equipment involved or something that makes sense. the irresponsibility of our husbands needs to be addressed.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008