Is it possible

Ok so if I hadn't just had my period I would swear I was pregnant. I have had heartburn for the last month, my boobs hurt, I'm sick to my stomache, and I am forgetful. Can you still have a period and be pregnant? Does that really happen? I told DH and he said I should take a test, but I don't want to wast the money yet at the same time I don't want to resume my b/c if I am.

lovemybaby283

Asked by lovemybaby283 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes that has only happend twice to me,, the 1st time i had 3 periods, i went to the doc cause i was sick sicker then ever... they never thought to do a test, either did i at 1st... this time i had one period i just tested sure enough i am 22 weeks along now
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's not that expensive to buy a generic brand test. They all work the same to detect the hcg hormone. If you think you could be pregnant, you should take a test.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Taking a test wouldn't hurt.. But experiencing heavy menstrual bleeding during pregnancy is not normal.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yeah you can be preg and still have a period. it happens sometimes you should go to a women health clinic and get tested you can sign up for a free service program if your clinic has that program and the preg test will be free.......good luck
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 9:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• be on the safe side and get a test but get 2 to make sure and if you not satisfied go to the doc to get a prego blood test done good luck hun
    Ivory123

Answer by Ivory123 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yep...it can happen! It's one of the reasons my SIL went all the way to labor without knowing she was pregnant...she was having her "period" every month...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 9:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I know, I guess it's not the money but more of the fact that my son just turned 2 and my daughter is not even 9months. So I guess I'm more scared to know.
    lovemybaby283

Comment by lovemybaby283 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Dollar stores have $1 tests and they work just as good. So I would take a test.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• im 33 weeks preggo this is my 5th pregnany 4th child and 2nd undetectable i misc. the 1st undetectable and this time around didnt know til my 7th month i have been having a normal flow period every month so its possible also i did suspect and take atleast 15-20 tests this year including blood all but 2 were negative even the blood test was negative look up undetectable pregnancy and good luck 2 u!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes it is possible
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010