UGH!!

my 2 year old went to potty before she went to bed...she wanted to sit up with me for a min but ended up falling asleep within 10 min. i sat there for about 5 min (thinking she just went to the bathroom so i dont need to worry too much) well she had an accident on the couch.. so i washed her off.. changed her clothes.. and got her back to bed.. called my hubby to ask him if there was anything specific he wanted me to wash the couch with (we jsut got the couch and he is soooo clean it this way do it that way blah blah) but i called to just make sure there wasnt a specific cleaner to clean it with and he said ugh why didnt you put something under her? i told him she just went to the bathroom. and he said well be the mom and make sure she doesnt pee on the couch!! EXCUSE ME??? it was a freaking accident and i didnt call to get lectured i called to make sure your OCD ass didnt want me to take the damn cushion to the dry cleaners

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would of laugh and said welcome to parenthood dear where nothing nice stays nice. My husband has done that a few time and I've had to wake him up on yeah it sucks I dot like it either but deal with it.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Accidents happen and you just have to deal with it the best way you can and go on. There are some things that you just can't prevent. How would he have dealt with the issue if he were home?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• He is upset by the couch getting peed on and is taking it out on you. Accept his upset for what it is. He should not have said that, but no need to take it anyfurther.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I know how you feel....
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• OCD ass? Did you tell him that? That's funny. I'm sorry your little girl peed on the couch and I hope you two don't fight about it. I think he probably over reacted but that doesn't make it feel better when you are the one he is taking it out on.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Lol.His OCD ass.Thats funny.Guess I wouldn't have wasted my time calling him.I would have just done the best I could and cleaned the couch up.Not worry about getting lectured.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Sounds like my ex. Sheesh. My ex actually yelled at my son when he was 3 for throwing up all over himself in my ex's car. I wanted to smack him for that.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• lol i would have smacked him for that. my hubby never says anything to our little girl.. every once in a while he will say.. you know better when she does it on purpose.. and tells us bc she can.. little miss attitude.. but not when its an accident.. he is really good with that.
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• He sounds like a jerk.. my daughter has peed on our couch, bed, floor and in the car... it happens get over it..
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 11:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• explain to him that you are not in charge of time travel but since he knows everything he can show you how it's done when he gets home, after he cleans the couch the way he wants it done since you're obviously incapable of doing anything right - good night...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010