Why do exboyfriends play headgames?

My exboyfriend is 40 yrs old and I'm 34.I think he's playing me.He don't text me.I text him first.He will chat and seems like he's leading me on.Like he's telling me things I want to hear.Then the next day he ignores me.I don't understand.I've dated guys and split with them but never had a guy play me like this.Any of you had this done to you before or know why a man does this?

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Because we let them. Stop contact and distance yourself. Now, you will hold the cards and YOU can end it. Ex's are ex's for a reason.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Men play us because we let them. You can only be walked on if you lay down. Stop allowing him to treat you like second hand news. Decide how you want to be treated and accept no less. If he doesn't step up to the plate, ditch him. That is why he is an ex boyfriend.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• They want to know where they have us, it makes us want them more, suxs, im going through the same w/my ex.Also hate it when ppl say stop texting, we do it for a reason n its not easy just to stop.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Why are you letting him play you. You are a big girl. Let it go. Why be bothered by an ex?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• bc you let him. your letting him play headgames and the sad thing is you know it.. cut him loose now if you have any respect for yourself
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010