okay how can i spend money without hubby knowing about it?

my dh and i our having our 2 yr ann. on November 14. I am a sahm, so i don't make money of my own if you haven't noticed lol, dh is the one with the job...
and every time i spend money he wants to know how much and what was it(we are trying to save up to buy own house, so he has been really really tight with the money) and i want to buy a present for him with out him knowing, how can a get money from him without him asking me what i bought and how much was it?

P.S.
i am a VERY!!!!! bad liar lol he knows im lieing every time, but i really want it to be a surprise

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Take out an extra $20 the next few times at the grocery store. Tel him you had to buy a few things for you kid(s).
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Tell him you need clothes or something, or a girls night out, or exaggerate the price of several things.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Tell him you want some money to go and have a "girl's day" with one of your friends. Ask for more money than you know you are going to spend then tell him you had a great time(but don't tell him anything else). (You can always have a great time finding a gift for him and visiting with a friend. Maybe go out to eat lunch w/her?)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Seems kind of obvious to me, but tell him you need some money to buy him a gift. If he says he doesn't want anything, come up with another way to make the day special.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Justn talk to him and if you talk to him he might just be ok with it. But dont just go spend money because you can.
    kathy312445

Answer by kathy312445 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• thanks ladies...

and i really want it to be a surprise thats why i don't want to tell him, he always surprises me, mother's day birthday every holiday, so i want him to think im not getting him anything lol

Kaylan010 i like your answer lol
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• it works ... I did it for a whole year two years ago for christmas. I saved around $600! He was so excited ... he thought I used the credit card!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2010