what do you do for back pain?

non medicinal of course. I woke up in total pain cant move back or neck. I made an appt with Chiropractor but any advice on what to do in-between appts. Its upper back between shoulder blades and lower neck. I can never remember if its supposed to be heat or ice on affected areas.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 9:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• I see a chiropractor and a massage therapist for fibromyalgia and Scheuermann's Disease.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My stepdad always uses a muscle rub and a heating pad.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Heating pad works well for me. Also if your so or someone will massage it for you, that's the best! My husband gives me back massages all the time. It really makes a difference.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• avon has this amazing gel that i use..i rub it on the pain and it's gone!!! its great. pm me if you want the name
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i usually get that with tension - my whole back will lock up about once a year and the doc gives me anti-inflammatory (usually naproxen) and muscle relaxers (rx required). nothing else really seems to work when it's that bad...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• "Upper back pain has become a common complaint in the recent years, as more and more people spend most of their day sitting in front of a computer or leaning on their desk for hours and hours.

The Most Common Treatments

The most common treatments include muscle relaxant medication, anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), bed rest and cortisone injections. Other treatments include physical therapy, hot packs, exercises, electrical stimulation and surgery (which should always be the last resort).

The truth is that there are no magic pills and injections that can create postural and proper muscle balances in your body.

There is a very good book you can get for free, maybe you've heard of it: "7-day back pain cure", you can find it here, hope it helps:
    http://natural-alternative-therapies.com/the-7-day-back-pain-cure/
    meitaljames

Answer by meitaljames at 5:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2010