insult???

last night I had someone say "your always happy" in a very rude manor.... as if they were trying to inslut me with it. WTH?

How can that be a bad thing? Why would someone use it as an insult? Any ideas????

It certainly didnt hurt my feelings but DID put them in a different light!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Happiness is a choice that is available to everyone. Just like being a jealous bitter bitch. Happy sounds more fun to me - I strive for that.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If I were you I would have thanked her/him. Obviously there's nothing wrong with being happy all the time... some ppl just see life as their cup is always half empty... :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 10:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It probably means they were really jealous of your happiness. I would feel bad for them.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i think being happy alot is good.. however if you are happy ALL the time.. it could come off as fake.. they may have meant that you are happy and they like it or they could have meant your getting on my nerves with your fake happiness.. people cant be happy 24/7 we all have our ups and downs.. and me saying that doesnt mean that i am miserable.. its just means i know that life isnt honky dory all the time and people who pretend it is.. are normally the ones who are miserable.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Anything can be an insult depending on the context of the meaning behind it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I work with someone who is very happy all the time (overly fake happy though) but I would NEVER tell her that. I think it is rude to come out and say something like that. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I'm sure there are things about me that she doesn't like.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Don't mind their miserable and negative existence. Just say, "Thanks!".
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• They were probably miserable and was envious that they are not as happy as you.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 10:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It depends.. are you obnoxious about it? Some people who are "always happy" can rub it in a persons face that they are happy when the other isn't. Misery does love company after all. And honestly... we all know that no one is really happy all the time.. I am quite a happy person, but i have my moments.
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 11:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Being happy is a GREAT thing and yes someone can be happy a lot of the time and it is not a fake thing. You chose to be happy which can be very contagious and they chose not to catch on and instead be very jealous. Keep beaming and bring joy to others. DO NOT take it personal.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 11:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010