Can you have migraines without a headache?

well, It starts as a headache, then it goes away, and about an hour after it does, I start feeling muscle aches and I'm nausiated and dizy . It doesnt last long, about 10-20 min at most, I'm hoping that its just exaustion (I have a little one who is just learning to get into things). I'm tired all the time, but thats life for a mom isnt it? Ive read about Auras associated with migraines, and that doesnt sound like what I'm going through, maybe something similar though? any moms out there have/had the same problem? I could use some advice.

kiwigoddess

Asked by kiwigoddess at 10:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• My mom says she gets "migraine eyes" without the headache. I'm not exactly sure what she sees, but I know a lot of people experience migraines differently. My mom does say after she gets the eye thing, she just feels "yucky" for the rest of the day. Sorry, that's not much info, but who knows, maybe you ARE experiencing migraines.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• absolutely - i've been getting auras for the past six months to a year and rarely the headache, but i do get the nausea and fatigue. note that prior to this i was getting migraines at least weekly very severe until i cut out aspartame. since then i get all the non-headache symptoms with things like processed meat and caffeine...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• hmm.. thanks, maybe Ive just been drinking too much coffee, I'll look into that. :) thanks for the replies everyone!
    kiwigoddess

Comment by kiwigoddess (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010