how can i get my 13 month old dd to stop biting?

i have tried everything!!!
she just doesn't listen, and its getting worse.... 2 nights ago we were at my bil place for my nephews birthday party..i placed her in the room with her cousin who is 4 month older then her, she got mad at something she did and bit 2 of her cousins!!! and today she bit me so bad i started bleeding!! this has been going on for about 4 months now and i just can't seem to break her from the habit...
helpppppp!!!!!!

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It might sound mean... but bite her back. Don't bite until she bleeds of course, but bite just hard enough to hurt a little. Then she'll understand that damn, it hurts when I bite! Worked with all my kids.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My son has only bitten me once.. and when he did I put his arm in his mouth and told him that he hurt me and I didn't like getting bit.. he has only done it back to kids who have bitten him since.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I second what Gremlyn1980 said has worked for me
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have to tell you when my middle child started doing this we tried many different things. I did the time out thing and the talking thing and finally I did this. I look at him and said "See my teeth, they are bigger than yours and they will hurt you. If you bite again I am going to bite you back becasue you are hurting people and you might not understand that." The next time he bite his brother I took his arm and I bit him. I did not break the skin and I did not do it very hard, although he understood that it hurt and he never did it again. I understand that some peopel might not agree with this, it is what worked for us.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010