Hi everybody... I feel like crap and need some validation. Please?

Hey mamas. I'm just feeling really low and could use some love from people who understand. Most of the time, I think I'm pretty kick-ass.. my special needs daughter was born my junior year of high school, and I graduated 3rd in the class with 18 college credits under my belt. I got my first year at community college under full scholarship, and now I have an A- average in the nursing program. My baby girl's father and I are engaged and will have been together 5 years on Halloween, and I'm really proud of that. Our daughter is happy and healthy, in spite of the doctor's predictions, and I'm proud of that too. It's just that people forget all of that so very easily!!!! Everyone around me, my fiance and my parents included, are always wanting more from me. It just feels like nobody cares how much stress I'm under or how hard I work, it's never enough. I just feel so drained... thanks for taking the time to read.

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• Well momma, I myself am having one hell of a day and could not understand more! Hang in there! You ARE doing your best and your child appreciates you! Everyone around you does also they just NEED you! Honestly if you were my DD I would be the proudest mom in the world!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You are doing much better than me and it sounds as if you have much more stress! You ARE doing wonderful! Keep up the great work!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I understand how you feel. It's difficult to feel appreciated sometimes when everyone around you gets used to everything you do being done without gratitude, no matter how tedious and how much stress you are under. Everything you do would be greatly missed if you suddenly decided not to keep doing it. Just remember when you look at your daughter that everything you do has meaning and purpose through her. Talk to your spouse about how you feel, and take a well-deserved break every now and then. It's difficult to take care of everyone else in your life when you aren't taken care of yourself. You deserve breaks and should not feel bad for taking them bc they help you to be a better mother/spouse/daugher and everything that you are. Good luck, God bless.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Hi, you've come a long way, congratulations on you achievements. Parents just like you always want more for their children and will continue to push, they know you have the potential to be the best you can be for yourself and your dd and df. Good luck. Aim for the moon and even if you miss you'll be amongst the stars. They only want the best for you. Good Luck. You can do anything and everything you want.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Everything you just told us is great. I am very proud of you and wish I could say the same for me. You have overcome some tough opsticals and I believe from what you have told us the time will come that everyone in your family will see the light. Keep your chin up you are doing great.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 10:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You are doing well and striving to reach all of your goals. It is perfectly ok to set boundaries in your life, even with people that you care about. You should set boundaries especially if these people are putting so much stress and added expectations on you. Don't be a people pleaser because you can't please everyone no matter how you try. Just continue to be the person you are and the person God meant you to be. If they don't like it, that's ok too. Stay blessed!!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You're in nursing school and maintaining good grades not to mention handling a child with special needs. You're doing the best you can, and it sounds like your family doesn't realize what you're doing. Your life is busy enough and you don't need anything else going on. What more can they possibly want? You're going to school, raising a child and probably doing most of the housework. You don't have time for anything else. You can't live up to everybody else's expectations. The only one you have to please is you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It sounds like you are doing a really wonderful job. I would not worry about the family. You have your own little family to take care of and it sounds like it is going well. You're doing your job. You're doing what you need to be doing to make a good life for your child and yourself. Take care and God bless.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Thanks y'all. I appreciate this so much! God bless each and every one of you.
    KA91

Comment by KA91 (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You are most welcome, and thank YOU.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010