what does the word "soul" mean to you?

Please share with me what the word "soul' means to you,as well as if you are religious or spiritual .Mahalo!

ainamama

Asked by ainamama at 10:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think of the soul as being akin to our life force... the energy that animates us and makes us alive. I don't view it as containing our personality/ego/self. I think after death the soul energy goes back to be recycled and reused by the universe. As for religion/spirituality, I lean towards pantheism and practice Buddhism.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• thank you!!I love your answer!
    ainamama

Comment by ainamama (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Simple: it's a human being. As in, "The soul that sins it shall die...." (Ezekiel 18:20)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• A soul, in certain spiritual, philosophical, and psychological traditions, is the incorporeal essence of a person or living thing.
    Why its my dd's middle name!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• great!keep em coming!
    ainamama

Comment by ainamama (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• To me, the soul is the part of us that stays connected to whereever/whatever we come from. It is the part of us that takes the memories from this life into the next.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Good question. Soul is the REAL us.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 11:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am loving these answers!more please!xoxo
    ainamama

Comment by ainamama (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I believe the soul is that part of us that communes with God. It is the real us, as someone already said. We are souls in human bodies. After that it gets harder for me to explain...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Simply put a collection of our thoughts, knowledge, experiences, feelings etc. It's how our past influences our future decisions/reactions. Our "inner consciousness" as it were. Nothing mystical or supernatural about it. Just our brains and how it reacts both consciously and subconsciously.  When we die, thought processes stop so our "soul" dies as well.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2010