potty training

I just got my 17 month daughter a potty chair. When I first got it and showed it to her she seamed like she was ready for it. After I whipped it down she got to try it out, she went potty. She went once more later that day. and the next day she went two more time, and the day after she went once. Maybe she really is not ready for potty training yet, because she has not potty on it for a week now. What things should I do and what things should I not do? Anyone have any idaes, any ideas on how to help get started potty training?

Ilovemylittle1

Asked by Ilovemylittle1 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 3 and 2 year old that still aren't potty trained. My 3 year old took a long time to even show interest in it. Once he did he was going all the time on the toilet and had dry nights for almost 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden one day he had a accident and when I asked him why he didn't go in the big potty he just replied,"Because the sun is up." From then on he has been inconsistant. Potty training is like teaching a child to ride a bike. You don't scold a child when he/she falls off the bike, you encourage him/her to get right back up and try again. What I actually did that worked for awhile is I made my kids a star chart. Each time they went potty they got to put up a star under their name and we all cheered! They loved that. You sound like a great mom and I'm sure that your child will pick it up again a little later on when she is ready. Good Luck!
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• it takes awhile but keep doing it, take her to the bathroom when you go,,,also try differentactivities,,do a sticker chart and if she goes all week buy her a toy,or a book,,,don't force her, but be consistant,,,good luck
    seexxymama4u2me

Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 12:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008