anyone else in a sexless marriage?

My husband and I have been together four years, two children and no longer have sex. I mean none. I realized we did just when I initiated and I told him he needed to initiate...I want to feel wanted. Since I stopped initiating, we haven't done it. Even the last few times I have tried, he can't get into it. It's been about two years. Has anyone else just accepted to stay with someone to raise the kids and no longer expect a good marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I always said i didnt want my kids to come from a broken home. But how good is it when the home they are in is broken?
    Angelknot8

Answer by Angelknot8 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yeah. My reasons are a little different, but it's been over two years for us and we sleep in different rooms due to schedules and snoring. It's more like we're roommates raising kids together. I wish I had some good advice, but I just don't know what to do either.
    Anonymous

• You need to have a serious talk with him and tell him that you guys need to see a counselor. (if it's physical, he needs to get to a doc.)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• First I would have him see a doctor. You don't say how old he is but I'm thinking he's young enough to have a normal sex drive. Then maybe a marriage counselor. You have a right to have your needs met some of the time. I wouldn't want to always be the one to initate but that would be better than no sex at all.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You need to work on your marriage!!!! Do not give up. You both may be tired and exhausted from all your demands but you need to find each other again. It takes work and remember things have changed with kids and more responsibility you two need to change with it. Talk and let him know how you feel, do not give up. My hubby and I have had our ups and downs but we work on it. The one thing you need to remember is that you have to WORK on it, it will not be the same when you met or when the kids came into the picture, just different. Maybe try something you have never done before like waking him up to a BJ or talking dirty, those worked for us. The key is work at it, put up pics of you two back when you first met and reminiscence. Look at what you have and not what you do not and be grateful, there are so many people with much less.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 10:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I say, don' worry about it. I dislike sex and so does he. I am perfectly happy with the way things are. If he's not, he can go elsewhere.
    Anonymous

• Marriage counseling is my advice
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 11:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My first step would be to ask him why we weren't having sex. Is he on meds? Gay? Cheating? impotent? Are you guys otherwise happy or has the entire marriage taken a dive? Make a doctor's appt and go together - I wouldn't break up my family over that but I do think you deserve to know what's going on and how to fix it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2010