what's the big deal??

my friends baby just turned one. I'm between jobs so I only had 10$ to get him something. So I got him a crinkly book and some teethers. I gave him the book and my friend go treally upset bc she got him the same one. I just laughed it off until I realized she was REALLY upset about it! I told her it wasn't a big deal I would take mine back if she wanted but she said no bc he already had it. But she just kept on about it. I don't get it. It's a cheap toy they chew on and he's ONE he's not going to realize he has two! Put one in the car and one in his toy box. She did end up taking hers back and getting him one in a different color. I just don't understand what the big deal was. Seemed like something pretty silly to get upset about!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yup- I agree with you- put one in the car and one at home!
    wierd that she would react like that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I agree that she over reacted, maybe because she is a new mom and trying to be perfect.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• That was a pretty Silly thing to get upset over- Hopefully, she was just having a Bad Day!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Sounds like this is her first child. However, I agree with you. The child isn't going to care one way or the other how many he has. He is just going to know if he does X, the book does X. One year olds are so easy to please! lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• this is the second child and she's pregnant with the third
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Because it was the childs first birthday she wanted everything to go well. Getting a double gift to her makes her think all the other mommies are judging her as a bad parent for not getting something trully original.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• She should not have made a big deal but you know what next year when the kid turns 2 just stick 2 dollar bills in a card and call it good,
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yea.. thats pretty silly
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 12:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• sounds kinda silly to me. My kids got many of the same thing and I would just put one away until the other got broken or something that way there were no tears when it had to go bye bye cause they had another one just like it. Besides at that age they dont really care as long as its fun to play with.
    acskscott

Answer by acskscott at 12:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• sounds kinda silly to me...and I am the mother to only one child. Its always nice to have more than one when it comes to certain toys. Great for keeping one at home and having one for on the go. My son ended up with 3 sets of those plastic key toys. We had one in the car, one at home, and one in the diaper bag. Always had a set around for him to play with.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 9:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2010