Why? (about the Duggars)

If you take away the fact that they have 19 other kids, why are so many against them having another baby?
If you had a preemie, would you never have another child?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• No I probably wouldn't. I know my aunt had twins at 26 weeks and lost one, she decided to never have more. I know other people that have had premature or sickly babies and have decided never to put another child through that.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i have a preemie and i do intend on trying again next summer...only now bc I know what to expect and I have a better physician thats capable of handling my pre-elampsia next time
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I love the Duggars. I see nothing wrong with them having a big family. They have enough money to take care of all 19.

If I had a preemie I would still have more, one preemie does not guarantee they will all be preemies after that one..
    MmmmMamaBear

Answer by MmmmMamaBear at 11:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No its there choice, society is so screwed up, They think you should only have 1 or 2 kids. They think these kids are probably ignored because there are so many. I think this is bull crap! I saw the Duggards at Souteast and those kids are beautiful and they can sing and all of them can play the trumpet and they are doing it all for the glory of God. God blessed them with 19 and if God wants to bless them with more he will. Deal with it society!!!!! They were on TV when they only had 9 children and they told them the only way they would do the documentary was if They didn't have to hide their Godly values. They said its your show do what you want
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Hmmm, I dont think that would stop me from trying for another baby. They say all pregnancies are different anyways, so unless my doctor advised against it then I see no problem with it.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 11:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I had my children in my 30's and we decided not to have any more because my husband was 40 when our 2nd one was born. He felt he didn't want to be any older than that and have children. I don't think they should stop because of having a preemie but more to what is best for Michelle's health. But that is their choice and all their children are loved and well provided for so they will do what is best for their family.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We had a preemie (twin survivor) then we had one more 19 months later I was in my mid 30's. I would have more now if I could and I'm 46.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't see why having a preemie would stop someone from wanting more, unless there were serious health issues that would complicate things. I worked with a woman who delievered twins at 6 mos, lost one. A year later had another baby and six months later got pregnant again.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't know why some many people have a problem with that family. Everybody seems healthy and happy. I know people are freaking out because they think Michelle is too old to continue to have babies, and that her last child was a preemie because of her age, but it is her body, and if she is comfortable having more kids then it is her choice.
    Ade930

Answer by Ade930 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Its not JUST about them having a premie. I had one and he almost died but I'm pregnant again. Its that Theyve had so many healthy kids, alot of kids.. and now out of nowhere she is having a premie. It might be someone telling her that her body is giving out and having problems carrying that many children and that it might not be healthy for her. The human body is only made to withstand so much stress before it cant exactly handle it anymore. Just my opinion
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 12:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010