What works for your allergies?

Right now, it seems like Benadryl is the only thing working for me.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 11:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• I take generic claritin every day, and carry benadryl with me in case I have an attack. Honestly, if you can find some, the best thing for allergies is local honey. The way it was explained to me, it stops allergies cold because the bees make it from flowers and trees around you, but your body doesn't react to the allergens in the honey. I live in rural southwest virginia, and a local beekeeper gave me honey for the longest time. I put some on my toast or in a cup of tea in the morning, and never had a flare up. Unfortunately, the sweet old man died and the family got rid of the bees, so now I'm stuck with pills... sigh.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• allegra d is the only thing that has ever worked for me..i take it year round
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• nothing used to ... until i realized that my biggest problem was food allergies, milk in particular. stopped drinking it - problem solved (until i started again...)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i think zyrtec was my "favorite" of the antihistamines if i remember right tho...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• neti pots help me a lot. along with Benadryl.
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i got some stuff from the dr
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• claritin works best for me - benadryl only last for 4 hours, the claritin works for 24. But I only have to take it in the spring and fall, not every day. My DH takes claritin plus Flonase for both environmental allergies and pets.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2010