So, DH and I had an argument this morning..... adult content

And he stormed out, around 11....it's now 10pm and none of his friends have heard from him all day, he hasn't been to any of his regular "cool down" places (he likes the bars), he never made to a friend's house like he said he was going to do, and he hasn't called or tried to get in touch with me at all. All this because, instead of letting me sleep, he decided to terrify me 4 times this morning (from 3am to 7am) because for whatever reason he doesn't think I deserve the courtesy of sleeping when he's horny... So be honest, what would you ladies think if your DH/BF/SO went MIA after a petty fight and stayed away almost 12 hours with no clue as to whether or not he's ok? He's done this before and he doesn't usually make it home before 1am, and he has to work tomorrow, so he'll blame that on me too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like he is stuck at about age 11. He needs to grow up. Staying gone that long is selfish. As for him being upset about you not giving in...IDK, if he feels that you never have sex, he may just be trying to connect with you and you saying no hurt his ego which is attached to his sense of love (the penis).
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would be mad..
    I read your post earlier and I think he is being immature and selfish.
    You guys need some couples therapy to learn how to communicate and respect each other..(or at least he does)
    Don't let him blame you for being out all night and tired/late for work in the morning. He's a big boy and should know he needs to come home. He needs to take responsibilities for his actions.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• He sounds like a real abusive prick. Sounds like the alcohol may be a major issue. Don't buy into his bullshit. Not letting someone sleep is abusive. That's just a start here. Are you looking to hear things like above that maybe he's cheating, or that the police would have likely contacted you if something major happened? It's not really clear if you just need to vent or if you need to be supported in leaving him? I'm sure either choice isn't easy.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If he needs to "cool down at bars" , he has a problem. He needs counseling.
    If you want to keep on taking this abuse, fine....but you don't have to. Nobody should live like this....you deserve better. TELL HIM.
    He has to do some serious work on his attitude. Maybe he needs AA? An intervention? Anyway, counseling. Couples counseling too. That sounds like a nightmare.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I hate to say this.. but maybe getting some elsewhere? thats what i would think anyways
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 11:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would be pissed off and concidering not letting him back in the house when he does finally come home. If this is not the first time he's done this then you need to sit down and think about whether the relationship is worth it or not.Also i think you need to sit down with him and let hinm know thar this will not happen again or you will leave, Counceling might help both of you if you want to try and make it work. Good luck !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Wow. I would be soooo upset if DH left for 12 hours without letting me know where he was at. That is so inconsiderate. Obviously he does this to make you feel sorry. What if the tables were turned and you left for 12 hours. Geez.I agree with the above comment though about him being hurt because you don't want sex. He just seems to be extremely immature about it...
    Ade930

Answer by Ade930 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Maybe he is in jail...call the local jail...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I haven't read any of the other responses, but in my mind/theory...it sounds like he's doing something he's not supposed to. To leave for that amount of time and to not be with any of his friends or anywhere else that you know....and it seems like he's starting a fight over nothing to get away....my arrows point to cheating. You said this isn't his first time, so calling hospitals and jails wouldn't cross my mind. Even if he's not cheating , he's extremely selfish and you shouldn't have to deal with it Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for!
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Wow anon, way to say it's all her fault. Anyway, what I would do is sit him down and talk to him in a serious way, let him know how much all of this bothers you. Then let him tell you what set him off. If it's something that you can work out then start working on it. If it's something a little more serious, then try a counselor. Either way, it'll be work from both sides that resolves this, not just him, not just you. Hope it works out.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2010