Fever

my son had a high fever or a 102.9 with and ear infection two weeks ago. now he has another fever of 100.9. Could there be something seriously wrong with him?

Lindz0307

Asked by Lindz0307 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• maybe or the infection could be back..if it gets higher take him to the er
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• A fever is the bodys way of naturally fighting disease and infection. As long as you can control it with meds, I wouldnt' worry. I would call the doctor on call just to have peace of mind.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If you took the temp rectally, thats not much of a fever at all. That could just be him having a warm day.

Is he teething? Has he been round other kids with colds? Does he seem to have an ear infection again? Pulling at ears, crying more when lying down?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• A fever of 101 is not anything to be concerned about. If he still has it in the morning you probably want to take him back to have his ears checked. It may be that he never got completely over the last infection and it came back. Also, sometimes kids will get sick back to back, 2, 3 even 4 times right in a row. It is rarely something to worry about, just a string of bad luck!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• thanks everyone! As of right now his temp is at 99.0. I think he might be teething. I know that babies are suppose to have like 20 teeth by the time they are one i think im not 100% for sure on that. But if his fever goes up again in the morning I am for sure going to call the doctor and get him in again. Thank you again everyone.
    Lindz0307

Comment by Lindz0307 (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Did they recheck his ears? Our ped ALWAYS rechecks 14 - 16 days after the initial appointment. Sometimes it takes more than 1 round of Abx to clear an ear infection. Sometimes, kiddos end up with tubes because it just won't clear at all. Definitely take you little one back in tomorrow if he hasn't had an ear recheck.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yea
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It could just be that your baby picked up another virus.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 6:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My daughter's doctor says not too stress over a fever unless it goes higher than 104, which is easier said than done. I would call the office and see what the nurse on call says. It could be something something totally different or maybe the meds you had him on did not do the trick. Sometimes, they start to work and the medicine is done or stopped and it just comes back. Good luck Momma!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010