Has anyone else found after having a child a lot of your friends don't seem to have the time for you any more?

Its funny, all my friends with children have MORE time for me the ones that don't cant get off the phone with me fast enough

KKline

Asked by KKline at 11:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• i actually stopped talking to alot of mine..they would act like i wasnt married and a mother...they would call me late at night crying to me about single life crap and i would tell them i dont want to talk b/c im tired....
    and some would try to "hook" me up with men...im married!!! i stopped talking to them after that
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• OMG! I dealt with that too... it made me nuts! And my MOH would call me saying she wanted to kill her self.. I am way beyond that in my life.. some of my friends just didn't get it.
    KKline

Comment by KKline (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• OHHHH yeah. But, for me, it happened after I got married. Ok, I'll be honest, I was 6 months preggo the day I got married, so it probably had to do with both. lol. I have just recently gotten back in contact with one of my best friends. And that only happened after she got married. So, yeah, I know what you mean.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• LOL thats about it for me.. and i was 5m preg when i got married lol
    KKline

Comment by KKline (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yeah, it's kind of weird but if your friends do have children, that can draw you closer together. But if you have a friend that doesn't have kids, they don't seem to be around as much anymore. This happened to me too. I guess it's because we have less in common than before.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• ive found that its just my kidless friends i dont talk to anymore.. my friends that have kids also we still get together quite a bit
    iluvmylilman88

Answer by iluvmylilman88 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yeah
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010