So DH is worried about weight?

His weight to be exact. Since he went back to work he's added MAYBE 5 pounds, and none of it is fat. His clothes fit exactly the same, he looks amazing, and yet he thinks he's put on a lot of weight. I don't get it. Anyone have any ideas about this one, I mean I try telling him he looks great and he just looks at me funny, like I've told him that his penis switched places with his nose or something equally crazy, lol. Any ideas on how I can make him feel better and see that he looks just as good as he always has?

heratyc

Asked by heratyc at 11:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• have some one else complement him.... like your mom or sister or your friends or his friends... it will be good to hear it from someone who isnt SUPPOSED to tell him .. lol.. i know its silly but my hubby will tell me i look good and i will ignore it bc he is supposed to tell me.. but if a friend of mine tells me.. or a friend of his tells me.. or someone who doesnt have to.... i believe them more than i would him..
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Did he wrestle in Jr High or High School? That sport is notorious for causing body complexes in men. There's nothing you can say to make him feel better by directly discussing weight. Maybe what he's really upset about is getting older, slower, etc... Just make sure he feels loved and remind him what a good husband/dad he is.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I've heard that when you build muscle mass that you can gain weight. That's good, not bad.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• squeeze his arms and tell him his muscles have gotten bigger and they are heavier so that is why he weighs more
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Lol, his muscles are getting bigger, and it looks awesome on him. As for getting older, he seems to think he's ancient at the ripe old age of 25.....I've got two years on him and he never seems to remember (I get the feeling I'm really going to appreciate that when I'm 50, lol) And yes he's a wonderful father, and although I tell him that, it hardly stands up to the look on DD's face when she sees him.
    heratyc

Comment by heratyc (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• That's not a bad idea actually, one of my dearest friends is coming down next weekend for a "girls day" as we call it (he has a pretty good sense of humor and thinks my DH is far better looking than some of the guys he's dated, lol).
    heratyc

Comment by heratyc (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2010