How much homework is TOO much homework?

My 3rd grader has homework every night! Sunday-Saturday. She does daily work andis sent home with more. I give her a break on Saturdays. How much is too much?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• If it takes more than 5 hours total a week. It is too much.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• WOW. That is an insane amount of homework for a third grader. I believe the guidelines for third grade would be 30 minutes per night.. My kids rarely had weekend homework in elementary school. I would check with the teacher and make sure this it actually homework and not work she didn't complete in school.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Unfortunately JCM is actual homework. I have spoken with other kids in this class an throughout this school and county. Teachers give out ALOT of homework. This county has the highest test scrores in the WHOLE STATE.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• not at all guys, i have spoken with my friends in dubai and some of them in the east ,,and i asked them about the schools there. they said, it is so much homwork, and they give them so much projects such as for ghandi and urthur king ,,and she said they have dictation every day . furthermore they speak only english in school despite of their arabic native language plus they give them french as a second language,,because they think arabic and english is the first language..so i hope when my kids go to dubai they don't look dump,,:-(((((((
    mamishad

Answer by mamishad at 5:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Every other day & non on Friday =)
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010