Do you ever feel like going on a STRIKE when your family doesn't pitch in around the house? Could you actually go through with it?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes all the time, but no I could never go through with it. I am a neat freak so I can only let a mess sit for so long before I like panic and pick it up. A few times I have asked my fiance if he could pick something up or wash the dishes or something, and if he doesn't get started within like 5 minutes, I just end up doing it myself because I can't stand it. Haha I have issues.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Have and did! Locked myself in my room and did nothing but care for self for days. It worked for me because I was the only one who could cook a real meal
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'm a single mom. As much as I fantasize about going on a strike, it would just mean more work for me in the long run. My kids would climb over Hoarders-style mountains of crap and not care. Meanwhile I'd be slowly driving myself towards a padded room if I allowed that to happen.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yup i have done few time in my life oh yes i did it again tonight ,my hubby thinks after 31yrs of happy bliss that i have not taken care of household ,and with the older adult kids at home still it about time they step up to the plate and i going to take care of me yup i am and do i feel sorry for them no way and pay sucks with no days off lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Gee, why is it that when I do that it does not work??
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i have thought about it,..but then i think..well if my husband works two jobs and HE went on strike...we'd be up a creek...however i am very very particular about my home...so it would just slowly drive me insane if mess built up.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 12:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i tried it once.. my hubby didnt get the hint and I had to give in.. big surprise.. NOT
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yep I have done that myself and at first they didn't get the hint..But by the 3rd day my hubby asked me what was wrong and I told him I was tired of doing it all since I wasn't the only one in this family...So I came up with the idea that we write all the choir down on a piece of paper then each member drew a slip one at a time until all had been drew and then we wrote who was to do what on a dry erase board and every week we just move the names around(ex: MoM- dishes dusting, Dad- trash, bathroom. then the next week mom and dad would change choirs) This works great in my house because there is 3 of us and I only have to do dishes once every 2wks...YIPPY..Plus doing it this way the same person is not stuck with the same jobs all the time..
    DPCreations

Answer by DPCreations at 1:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I've tried that, and it worked for about a day before I just couldn't take it any more!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have tried!!!!!! But after seeing things out of place or dirty dishes hanging around I lose my mind! I can't even go 1/2 a day without picking everything up.

One time I did an experiment - this will clue you in to how little anybody else in this house cares about cleanliness... I put a square of toilet paper just outside the hall bath on the freshly vacuumed carpet. The TP was in a place that you had to look at if you were walking down the hall. My 3 boys and husband must have seen the square of paper several times a day for a week and nobody picked it up! Nobody! I'm completely on my own here.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010