Do you clean your teens room...or do you let it stay dirty...when you tell them to clean it and they dont do it right?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I make them go back and do it until its done the way its supposed to be.
    muslimahpj

Answer by muslimahpj at 12:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• make them clean it! us mammas are in charge,, evry kid gets attitude anbout that stuff, its gotta be done though. what if you did your jobs half the way kids do their jobs.. what if you only Half cooked their food? half cleaned the laundry? the world doesnt work by doing things half
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 12:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• When I was younger, if we didn't clean our room to our mom's standards she would literally come in our rooms and sit on our beds and tell us exactly what we needed to do. It got the room cleaned to her specifications but also kept us doing the work. If they do a bad job and you go back and do it for them, then they will always do a bad job because they know you will literally clean up after them.
    jb1663

Answer by jb1663 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my kids look after their own rooms i do not go in at all that is their space if i do go in i knock because i am a guest even thou i pay the bills kids need to have their space to get away from all the bull shit they go through
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• they clean it. They do a pretty good job actually. It is my 10 year old son (who shares a room with his 15 year old bro) that is the worst offender.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• lol i make my boys clean there own room n there 4 n 2 i help of course but u need to start teaching them if not ull b doing it till the day they move out..
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My kids clean their rooms. If they leave stuff laying on the floor, I throw it away. I expect them to keep them clean. My kids are 12,10,& 9.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Leave it, it doesn't effect me in any way. If they want to live like pigs, be my guest.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i only have small kids, but I will always have a clean and pristine home, and the fact is they wont leave that room until it is to my standard! PERIOD
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My daughter is a clean freak so I never have to tell her to do it nor do I think it is right for a parent to clean a grown childs room.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010