Tweens

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can make my kids for Halloween that wont cost much. I was hoping they wouldnt want to go this year but they do.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I usually make most of my kids costumes. A zombie is easy or a hobo. My son last year wanted to go as a Magic Trick gone bad.
    So we cut out holes in a cardboard box for his head and arms, used spray paint to paint it blue, cut out yellow stars and pasted them to the box, then took red paint and made blood on it. Bought a few really cheap swords and hot glued them to the box as though they were going through the box, and then painted him white with blood. It was really inexpensive.
    Pirate costumes are pretty cheap too - jeans, a dress shirt, a sword, eye patch, bandana. Vampire is easy - White shirt, jeans, a cape, white and red make up. (One year we even made it look like stake was going through my son's heart (he wanted to be a dead vampire) They could even go as a kid who just got beat up, takes some torn up clothes and little bit of make up for black eyes, and busted lips.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My 12yo is going to be a zoombie. Torn dirty clothes, pale/greenish make-up and maybe some fake blood.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 3:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2010