any other mommys?

have a hard time falling asleep at night? what are your tips to help to relax and fall asleep??

giraffegrl1980

Asked by giraffegrl1980 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• its not very often anymore that i have truble falling asleep... but natual tea always helped me, take calcium as well
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 12:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Oh man, this is my current struggle. I am still trying to learn how to get to bed at better times than I do right now. My sleeping pattern is really screwed up right now... But I've read things like not eating right before bed, no excercise before bed, dimming the lights and/or reading a book, aroma therapy (such as lavender scents). I like to take a bath, warm, and spray some lavender scents in the air and maybe light a candle. Sometimes that helps me. Try not to watch tv or use the computer either (though my weakness is the computer, lol). It wakes your brain up and makes it think you don't need to sleep. Hope this helps. :)
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 12:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Right after dinner, I sit and make a to-do list for the next day so I'm not lying in bed thinking about it. I try to shower every night before bed, I just sleep better when I'm clean. I then sit cross-legged on the bed and focus on keeping my body as still as I can. I feel myself breathe, hear my heartbeat. It's wonderful for clearing your mind to sleep.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have a really hard time falling asleep so I don't have any tips. I often stay up as late as 3 am. Sooo not good for me.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• for me now well idk what to say because i usually up but i get up though but since ima get started with school college so i go with mt bf to school just walk around campus and see my ffriends go there so ye a i walk around campus with my baby and yea try sleeping pills
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 1:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i take a bath. and try to stay away from tv . like csi or cold case... that seems to keep me awake, sometimes i read, with a dim light
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I don't have a problem 'falling asleep' but I have a problem 'staying asleep'. I wake up at 2-3 am sometimes and just can't go back to sleep. I have gotten up and taken melatonin and a product I got from GNC called Calm. It is a magnesium supplement and it really works and the 2 together are great. W/in 20 min I'm out.

cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i take a low dose od Ambien
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Honestly, I've always had trouble sleeping. My tip is:don't lay in the bed if you're not sleepy. Get up, do a little something, if it's watching tv, keep it light and fun. Don't pay bills or work on anything that worries you, it will keep you up. And I have started walking during the day, that little bit of exercise helps me relax. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010