do you have a fireplace? gas? wood burning? if yes, where do you live? if not, how do you hang stockings?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We have a gas fireplace, which we've never used in three years. We live in Las Vegas. We don't hang stockings.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yea.. dont have one, but it doesnt matter because we spend christmas morning with my parents in CT and they have 3 :)
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 12:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We hang them on the wall by the door and no I don't have a fireplace, when I was little we did and we used to hang them on the mantle.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We don't have a fire place. I have little hooks (stocking hangers) that I put on the bookcase to hang our stockings in the living room.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Fire place and a wood stove.
    We live in Alaska
    We hang our stocking on a wall in the dinning room that is near the fireplace.

We used to live in North Pole Alaska, that was fun at the holidays.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'm in California, no fireplace here. I hang the stockings on the wall next to the Christmas tree leading up to the big day, then they're taken down and hung above my mom's gas fireplace on Christmas Eve.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No fireplace here. We hang stockings on the wall.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my kids have them hanging on their bedroom doors no fire place what so ever and i live in ont,canada
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Regular fireplace (wood burning) but no mantle. I made kind of large stockings :) And lay them around the room. Last year, my ds got a rain set so the train was set up and his stocking next to it. My dd got a bike, so her stocking was next to that.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No fireplace in our house. We hang them near the front door on some decorative hooks that are on the frame of a mirror. But the way the mirror is hanging, it won't hold much weight so Santa leaves the filled stockings on the nearby table.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2010