Looking for some bright ideas... PLEASE!!!

I have 5 kids with another on the way... I have a 3rd grader and a 2nd grader... When they come home from school they have to do homework but, It is hard to keep a 4 year old, a 3 year old and a 1 year oil occupied for Homework time, so that they can concentrate... Any ideas would be helpful Thank you!!

Mamaj6

Asked by Mamaj6 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in

• Hopefully this isn't a horrible answer, but would turning the tv on occupy the young ones and have the others go in another room for homework? Or maybe get the younger ones something to occupy them, like coloring books or toys.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 12:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Get a basket for the preschoolers with maybe glue sticks, stickers, coloring books that they can ONLY play with when the big kids are doing their work. this can be the little ones' work too. play doh is a nice one too.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I know with all of your childeren it might be hard, MY daughter goes to a atferschool program where they do there homework there and have teachers around if they need help. Now I still have to make sure she is doing everything and the projects are still done at home but she really likes it and it is $40 a week at her school
    Beckcin108

Answer by Beckcin108 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It is important that you give your school children time. Perhaps you could arrange naptime to this period. Wow, I want to say you have too many children, but that is not right and it would not solve the problem. Right now, the idea of 5 kids is messing up my mind.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010