Do you think you could survive?

If we had to go back to the days of "living off the land" could you do it? I mean milking your own cow, hunting, growing your own food, making your own clothes? I feel pretty confident that I would make it. DH is a hunter, and we can grow a pretty good garden. It would take a while to learn how to milk a cow, though. lol.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• umm i would in the sence that i would steal your stuff.... lol............. grow that garden!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yeah, I think my family could do it...lol
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• are bombs gonna go off and blow up everything but the people? no! LOL

but yes I know how to do those things. I don't think it will ever be an issue though of me HAVING to do them to survive.
    Anonymous

• I could definitely survived. I have gone hunting, I've milked a cow and I already grow many veggies. now the making my own clothes would be difficult, but I guess I could learn.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I think my family and people in my community would survive, although it would be much harder to start living solely off of subsistence in the winter. I think people in cities would be a nightmare due to people panicking and robbing stores and people.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Oh heck yea, I know our family could. We grow a garden, twice a yr. A fall and spring garden. I make my daughter clothing already, so it shouldnt be that hard to make adult clothing. My parents have cattle so it should be just fine. I'm ready.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 1:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Amalia--that is funny:-)))
    Anonymous

• I don't think that I would like to, but I could probably do it. I better start taking some sewing classes and read the book How not to kill every single plant you touch! :) AmaliaD that was so funny!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 1:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Sure could....we live on property and get fresh eggs from our chickens,,,we plant a garden in the spring... could raise animals for food if we wanted ...I have heard that goats are actually better for milk and much easier and cheaper to feed? The only problems with all of this philosophy of course is the need for electricity and water? without a well of your own to produce water a lot of this is just not possible?
    Anonymous

• Yes, probably. My DH hunts, our house is passive solar w/ a wood stove, and I have lots of room to garden. My sewing skills are pretty good, too.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2008