I am about to have to explain death to my 3 and 4 yr old girls. Any suggestions on what to say?

acskscott

Asked by acskscott at 12:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• Well depending on who is it would probably deem how often this is going to be talked about and how in depth but my kids did go to their great grandmothers funeral and really dont remember much of it nor her though WE remember them being with her and stuff. ANyway we told them she was older, and her heart was tired, and that it stopped, that her body would go into the grave but that her soul would go to heaven to be with Jesus.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i have told my 3 year old that when people are no longer here and you dont see them anymore like his puppy, that they went to heaven with jesus and some day he will see them again,,, he says ohh and goes on to play and will ask again in a few days
    torres02

Answer by torres02 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2010