would you do this?

I recently got in contact with a long lost friend who was telling me about her divorce and everything going on. A few months ago she found out her husband was molesting her dd. So of course she left and he's serving five years in prision. I'm glad she did what she needed to do. But now that's all over she's contacting newspapers and magazines to tell her story... I dunno it just seems weird to me. Why would you want to exploit that horrible situation? And what about her dd, she's so young, how does she know this is what her dd will want?? I could see maybe down the road the dd doing something if she wanted too, but I don't think it's the moms place to do this. Esp since this has all gone down within the last six months. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it is way to soon to be placing the child in the lime light. She hasnt had a chance to deal with what has happened to her and wont be ready for all of the attention coming her way. I think it was wrong of the mom to put her child in that position.
    acskscott

Answer by acskscott at 12:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would NEVER use a situation like that to get attention for myself, and that is all this woman is doing.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It sounds to me like she is spreading the word in different places to raise awareness. She might want to tell her and her DD's story to reach out to people. But I'm not too sure...
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 12:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Never i would not put my child threw that
    torres02

Answer by torres02 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• it sound to me the mother wants attention to tell her story to make as a huge thing out of it and then then by doing that she wants to be a rewared or notice so yea its just not her place to do that all she has to do is cope with her daugther thats it is to be a mother and go through what just happen to her and yea
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 1:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• never..it just is wrong.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 1:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• nope i would try my best to move on...
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think it's the wrong thing to do, also! Way... wrong!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i wouldnt, but maybe she is doing it to help others! Dont jump to conclusions!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010