would you do this?

I recently got in contact with a long lost friend who was telling me about her divorce and everything going on. A few months ago she found out her husband was molesting her dd. So of course she left and he's serving five years in prision. I'm glad she did what she needed to do. But now that's all over she's contacting newspapers and magazines to tell her story... I dunno it just seems weird to me. Why would you want to exploit that horrible situation? And what about her dd, she's so young, how does she know this is what her dd will want?? I could see maybe down the road the dd doing something if she wanted too, but I don't think it's the moms place to do this. Esp since this has all gone down within the last six months. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No way. The dd would be mortified when she gets old enough to realize...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think that could be a form of mental abuse to her daughter. she already has to deal with being molested why on earth would her mother put her on display like that? I feel for that child and hope not only the abuse but also her mother's actions won't destroy her for good.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• She can leave her DD out of it, totally. She might need the income. I know my BFF had a sis in the situation. It is rough. They don't divulge minor info, period. They elude to it. She is safe :) Hope you feel better.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• They go through the parents.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Actually, they go through the attourneys.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Bounce me up!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i can see maybe raising awareness about it, but i wouldn't tell very many people, if any at all "our story".
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 1:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• OMG!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Not a good idea.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yeah I could never do it, its just not right, you could get out there set up a charity or work with an existing one to help other families in that situation or raise awareness but when peopel go out to the media with things like this after the fact all i can think of is its money orientated.......whats more important the money or respecting your child.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2010