tell me something

tell me something to do that will help keep my mind off of the pain when i go into labor... i want to try to do without meds this time.. and i heard that if you are able to focus on something else it helps.. what are your suggestions

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've read you can use anything from music, to having a mirror focused on the baby, that way you can focus on how the baby is coming out more than the pain.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 12:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• In my birth group someone posted this youtube video of a woman singing while having contractions. Music might help and having something else to concentrate on. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Be prepared. If you are prepared for the reality of birth, then it will make the process of labor easier. Hire a Doula (some will work with you regarding fee) as they are proven to help mom's have the birth experience they really want. Check into Hypnobabies and all the other birth classes and find something that works for you. The more effor you've put into having the "ideal" birth xperience the better chance of you having that birth in reality. Happy Birthing!
    yarngoddess57

Answer by yarngoddess57 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010