If McCain wins this election in a major upset over Obama...will you support him or protest him?

This question was raised some time ago for McCain supporters in regards to Obama winning...so my question is really for Obama supporters and what their reaction will be if McCain pulls off a major upset win....any comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll complain about it, but there's nothing I can do really.

no I will not support McCain as far as any voting in the future.
    Anonymous

• support him how?
    Anonymous

• I got to say, I come from a family of Democrats. For most of my life I voted party lines unless someones views really upset me. And if the ticket were Biden/Obama I'd be right there voting democrat and then next election if Obama proved his politics and ability, voting for him. But every time he talks and actually gives some sort of detail as to how he would 'Fix' the economy he scares the beegeesers out of me. I took economics in HS, macro and micro in college. And his ideas have been proven not to work on the scale he is expecting to use them. Even though the though of another four years of a weak republican like Bush kind tweeks me, it doesn't scare me. I think I would be relieved.

Words like NEW and CHANGE don't impress me. Actions do and Obama's actions so far have made me worry. My one consolation is now matter who screws the economy more since I don't have anything to take they can't squeeze much more out of me.
    mnwintercritter

Answer by mnwintercritter at 1:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my dh and i talked about it and we will succeed from the union, we will create the united state of darius and amy and everything will be legal in a libertarian state, everyone is welcome, even illegal immigrants, just kidding! seriously, some shit will go down if they steal the election like with bush, stuff would happen, i woudnt do it (too much to loose) but everyone isnt going to take that lying down.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Support him how? Accept whatever mistakes he'll make respectfully and without protest? Hell no. This country was founded by people who had to shout to make their world better, and they wouldn't stand back and blindly support someone who they felt shouldn't be leading them.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 1:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'll support him--since I will have voted for him!!!
    Anonymous

• I have to admit I am anxious for people who live in volatile cities. Isolated things like a court's decision about one person's guilt have been used as an excuse to riot and to loot and smash things. This election has a much broader impact than a single court decision, so I hope that the media doesn't hype up emotions the way they did with those incidents. Of course, whipping up anger increases TV ratings, so they probably WILL put onto the airways anyone with something sensational to say ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• "Steal the election like with Bush"? "Everyone isn't going to take that lying down"? Who's everyone? For all the complaining that goes on about the extremist Republicans around here, it seems like there's a few Democrats that are going rather overboard.

I've already voted for McCain but if Obama wins, I'll do the same thing I've been doing as an American citizen; contacting my Representatives or Senators when I'm dissatisfied, signing petitions I support, and exercising my right to vote.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 1:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I would never believe that it was an honest win. I would always believe it was a decietful move on the republican party side like in 2000. I would never respect him and pray that he did not die and have Palin for president which would be much worse even.
    Anonymous

• OBAMA IS A SOCIALIST / MARXIST / COMMUNIST, HE IS INEXPERIENCED AND WEAK. HIS LIES AND JUSTIFICATIONS USING SCAPE GOATS AND EXCUSES ISN'T WORKING FOR THE INTELLEGENT AND REASONABLE AMERICANS!! McCAIN IS NOT BUSH! A VOTE FOR OBAMA IS DANGEROUS AND A VOTE THAT THIS NATION CAN NOT AFFORD!! HIS SPREAD THE WEALTH IS WELFARE AND HIS PROPOSED POLICIES WILL PUT US INTO A DEPRESSION! WAKE UP PEOPLE....IT'S SIMPLE ECONOMICS 101!!!!!!!! YOU ALL WANT GOVERNMENT MANDATING YOUR LIFE? YOU ALL THINK THAT IT IS THE GOVERNMENT'S RESPONSIBLITY TO FIX EVERYTHING?? NO NO NO. WAKE UP......PELOSI, FRANK, BIDEN ALL SAID THAT TAXES WILL BE RAISED......OBAMA HIMSELF WANTS TO GO BACK TO CLINTON TAXES, WHICH WERE HIGHER THAN BUSH'S....SO NUMBNUTS....OUR TAXES WILL BE RAISED!!!!! GEESH!
    Anonymous