I'm a Christian feeling lost...serious answers only please

This has been bothering me and I need help! I KNOW God is real so please don't come on here saying different. I need advice from other Christians who might be able to help. So please respect my post and only reply if you have something nice to say....
I feel disconnected from God. I am learning about Him. Trying to grow closer to Him. Learning about the Bible. But when I pray, I feel like I'm praying to nothing basically. I feel alone still. I feel like He isn't there at all. I have been trying to sit down and read the Word but nothing seems to help. What in the world is going on? I'm getting so frustrated about it. I know God is there...but why isn't He THERE? My husband and I are expecting our 3 baby in about a month. We are trying to raise our children in a Christian home. I plan to homeschool. But how can I teach my children about God when I am not feeling His presence at all? What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• At times God chooses not to reveal His presence to us. He could be doing so for a number of reasons, which we may never know or be able to comprehend for sure. But know that He loves you. Immensely. He knows exactly what you need and has a plan for your life. I too have experienced times when I have not known His presence and I believe that He had a purpose in it. The strengthening of my faith... causing me to reflect in a more focused way on areas of my life still soaked in sin which I had been ignoring.... reminding me of my need for fellowship... or even just allowing me to come to a darker place in order to appreciate and understand His glory more. Keep praying. Keep seeking. Be patient, knowing that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Seek to take joy from this time, knowing that you will be strengthened from it and that God is challenging you with harder things, as you have matured from infancy in Him.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i dont think i can answer you any better than katinthehat8914 to be honest, she said everything i was thinking. ive felt like that many times but dont lose faith. i think its important to be able to fellowship with other believers in these times and dont stop spending time in His word. i dont know you but i pray the Lord lifts you up and puts His loving hand on you. He knows every hair on your head and loves you more than anybody on this earth can. i like this verse, i hope you do too... psalm 91 : 4 He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection or psalm 40 :1 i waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He knows all your needs, and He will answer you, just try to remember (as hard as it is sometimes!) that we're on His time and not our own :). praying for you and thinking of you... jenn
    mommyofthree73

Answer by mommyofthree73 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I know how you feel. Maybe you should just focus on your church groups love and not worry so much about feeling God.
    SavanaF.

Answer by SavanaF. at 3:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You are not doing anything wrong in fact everything right. He promises that if we don't leave him, he will not leave us, he is there with you. Have you tried being very specific?? ie Our heavenly father if there is something I should be seeing or doing please show me. I was from a very dysfunctional back ground with two little ones to raise and no guidance. (23 and 24 now)
    I started searching and praying with tears and found my place. I always feel that God could not possibly love me but I keep trying. I was praying one day after my family disowned me for becoming a Jehovah's Witness, and yes we do believe Jesus is our savior just in case you have heard that one. I am a christian also. I was sitting in my kids playroom and asked God if this is what I should be doing then show me something and it wasn't 3 seconds and the door bell rang and it was my bible teacher.
    Hopeful1161

Answer by Hopeful1161 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think it's okay to feel lost and disconnected sometimes, that is a perfectly normal and human feeling. Just keep working the way you have and find time for things you enjoy doing.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I felt the same way after my last child. It lasted from the middle of my pregnancy til about 5 mos after I had my son I felt abandoned but I know he didn't leave me.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Maybe prayer like that just doesn't work for you? There are many different ways to connect to God, and if prayer doesn't work, even at least just for now, there may be something else that does. If you cultivate that area maybe you'll start to feel Him in other areas, and maybe prayer will become something that works for you. I don't believe in a cookie cutter mold when it comes to faith, though - only you know best what you feel and what works in your relationship with God. Best of luck. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Have you tried just talking to God like you would a friend? Yes, I mean out loud like a conversation with a person sitting right next to you.

You could be trying too hard. Putting too much pressure on yourself. Relax. Take your time. Listen to your heart. I wish you the best of luck.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'm not Christian, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. But if you are looking for God as a feeling, then you will never find him. However what you are going though many other Christians have as well. The most notable one is Mother Theresa. She suffered from the dark night of the soul but her faith never wavered.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:01 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Prayers are personal conversations. Just keep them simple and thankful. You do not have to pray like a pastor or anything. Remember the model prayer? It is good outline. You do not have to pray to be thankful, it comes in your heart as well. HTH.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010