How can I lose weight but still have tasty food even though I can't really cook?

I want to lose my baby weight plus some but I don't really have time to get to the gym or really anywhere much at all because I am a single mom. How can I eat healthy and tasty when I can't really cook well at all? I'm getting tired of plain chicken...

CalebsMommy0220

Asked by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Subway sandwiches for the quicky take out. Go buy a cookbook and start exploring the recipes. Eating healthy has everything to do with meal planning, making sure you get enough of the essentials in a week, not just a single day. For single mom's invest in a crock pot. That will do your main meals. Fix it and forget it. It will be done in 6 to 8 hours later. Accompany them with a variate of side salads and soups. Maintain portion control, use smaller plates and bowls. You don't need a gym to exercise. A lit bit at a time is as effect as an hour workout. So 10 squats in the morning while you brush your teeth. A few stretches while getting the kids ready, arm curls with the grocery's, it is possible to incorporate a full hour's workout throughout the day with just a little imagination.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Those prepared diet foods are great! Proportioned. But you need to exercise, too. PM me if you need help, ok?
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 2:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Lime juice has been a life saver in this house! Marinate chicken in lime juice (or lemon if you prefer), garlic (powder or minced), a little olive oil, and any other spice you desire. Experiment with spices, they make a world of difference in foods:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• you can eat anything in moderation...seriously
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Fish, if you like that, is a good alternative, and easy to cook for just one. Try walking and take your child with you. Fun and it works. Try some of the Lean Cuisin and Weight Watcher meals. Easy, not expensive, and taste good. Portions are just right.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Thanks guys. My problem is that I love food. If I am really hungry and I am only allowed to eat these minuscule portions of food, I will literally get very agitated. WTF? IS there anything I can do to prevent that
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• To help curb and prevent the midday cravings, eat a high protein breakfast in the morning. Keep protein snacks close but in measured amounts. Limit your carbs because a crash can induce even larger cravings. Try to cut sugar out of your diet as it can keep your body in the sugar high / crash cycle. Research portion control, and choose food that's filling but low in calories. A good soup, fat free popcorn, a quick vegetable salad, some fruit are all good choices.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2010