if you do NOT use a family member to watch your children

how did you find your sitter? How often do you use your sitter?

I found my sitter on CL. She is incredible. I really couldn't ask for a better sitter for my DD. I use her about once a week, for date nights with SO

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 1:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• We haven't used a sitter in 12 months but here's a bump.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I try to use neighbors, friends, or friends of friends. I have found one on CL and she was horrible. She let my kids make a HUGE mess in the kitchen with chocolate, hot cocoa mix, and she didn't clean it up! I don't think I will try CL again.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I gave up our sitter when we moved a few months ago, but I found her through SitterCity.com. My son loved her, and I was bummed when we couldn't use her anymore.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 2:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yeah we live with my mil and she keeps them i dont trust my mom too much and she gets them once a month. I dont like cl but at least that is a story that is good off of it.
    bump
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• what is CL
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My daily sitter I found thru a friend of my husbands, she is great with the kids and they love her. She has them all day while I am working.

If we go out at night I use my best friends daugher, she is 16 almost 17 and iss very good with them
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I found my sitter I "found" because she was the daughter of a coworker. I liked this coworker, found her professional, found her responsible, and I really admired her work. She just also happened to live ten minutes from me and had a daughter in high school. A daughter who made good grades, played serious sports (eventually was awarded an athletic scholarship), and was a good kid. So we tried it out and for four years it worked for us. Now that she is about to graduate from college we need a new sitter. Once again - a coworker (different working environment) with a child in school, plays serious sports, good grades, responsible hard working mom....so we tried her out.  I like that our sitter's mother is available to assist her daughter if it is needed.  Same as our first sitter.  Our son is like family to our first sitter's family.  I'm sure it will be the same for our second.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2010