Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been falsely accused by my exhusband with a matter for D.C.F involving my daughter Candice. I am very upset about the issue, and if there is anyone out there that can help me please let me know!

I have had my daughter taken out of my custody about this issue. The D.C.F. Hotline was notified on Saturday October 25th, 2008. I am a single mother of two children, and am concerned for my daughters safety and D.C.F. is witholding information from me, and I can't afford a lawyer.. Please let me know if anyone can suggest something!

Answer Question

Asked by Saesae731 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Have you contacted Legal Aid in your area? They can usually help with Pro Bo-no(free service) or payment arrangements.   You don't explain you're situation so I can't say for sure, but a lot of times you don't really need an attorney~ they're usually good as a scare tactic and/or to help you understand all the legal terms.  You CAN fight D.C.F. without an attorney~my sister does but she doesn't get anywhere because she refuses to put the crack pipe down.


    Answer by nikk1331 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

  • First you should be notified about a court date during which they can figure out the lawyer stuff, if you cant afford one they will help or give you one for a reduced cost. Second they should be scheduling a family plan meeting.
    However they should have told you what it is about. Maybe you should physically go down to the nearest DCF office to see. There should be a case worker assigned to the case to talk to. Thats all I can think of right now

    Answer by perksmom at 6:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.