HOW CAN I GET MY 4 YEARS OLD TO SROP CRYING FOR EVERYTHING?

MY DAUGHTER IS SUPER INTELENGENT BUT IS A DRAMA QUEEN. CRIES HISTERICALLY FOR MINIUM THINGS LIKE LOOSING CANDY ,SPACE SHARING WITH HER SISTER, AND THE LIST GOES ON.. I WOULD LOVE TO GET THINGS HOW TO END THIS OR WHE IS THIS BEHAVIOR SUPPOST TO FINISH?

sunshinemom0722

Asked by sunshinemom0722 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• get her to talk everything. Tell her quit winning you will listen to her when she stops winning. my boys are smart too and i told them that if they keep winning they go to there room.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yep! punish her for temper tantrums. Just like teaching them any thing else. reinforce the good and punish the bad behavior
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Time out works for my 3 year old, if she crys or whinges and wont stop, she goes to time out, she hates it, so it works well. Whatever punishment works for your child.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You can start by telling her that big girls don't cry about little things. Big girls find something else to do that makes them happy.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• IGNORE it! Tell her whe she is ready to use her Big Girl words to come find you and you can chat. Then walk away...Be consistent and it WILL work..
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I ingore my son until he uses words, that seems to work, but sometimes it take alot of patience waiting for them to get to that point lol. Whinning is so much easier..
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 3:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010