Does anyone have a problem with their scalp getting really dry during the winter?

What products have you tried or do you use?

lilma0608

Asked by lilma0608 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to. I use products you do not get in a regular grocery store. Find products made with less chemicals. Use a super moisturizing hair masque one time a week too. When you wash your hair use your fingertips and massage in downward circular motion from your part to your hairline to stimulate your scalp. During the winter try eating more hair healthy foods like nuts, avocado, fish & omega 3's, and drink lots of water.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yes every year. last year was the worst. i have tried head and shoul,ders dry scalp.neutrogena t-gel shampoo, selsun blue dry scalp,jasons tea tree oil shampoo and condiutioner. nothing really helped. in the winter i tend to use H & S dry scalp once or twice a week, extra moisturing conditioners. i dont flake just itches. Someone told me tea tree oil shampoos but i didnt find it any more helpful. the one thing that saves me from scratching myself silly is scalpicin - i had a hard time finding it last year and it was around 9 dollars. at night i will put a few drops where ever i am itchy and go to bed. helps the itch and discomfort for a temporary fix. i did not find anything that works to cure it. let me know if you do! good luck
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes. When I get the itchy/dry scalp, I use Neutrogena T-Gel twice a week until it's gone. It might be smelly, but I think it does the job.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• thankfully not, hope you find something that helps!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010