Does anyone know of any programs that offer help to young moms?

I am in phoenix arizona I am also 20...I want to know if they could help me with baby and toddler Items I have one child and this second one is unplanned DF jus got laid off so are income has been reduced greatly he is currently searching for a job but due to a lack of education he really isn't having any luck : ( things are jus really hard right now and we could really use the help I am due April 28th thanks in advance

Nataleesmom09

Asked by Nataleesmom09 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can get food stamps and WIC for you, your toddler and the baby when she/he comes. All you have to do usually is show your lat 2 paycheck stubs and your electric bill, phone bill, etc and proof of pregnancy(a note from the dr) and your ID and baby's birth certificate. They can tell you usually that day if you qualify.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would try local churches, salvation army, and local health department. Also I would apply for food stamps and WIC until you all get back on your feet.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 5:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• when you go into wic, ask them they will give you a printout of all the places that help. sorry it's been years since i've been there so i can't remember anyplace. i know my sis went through wic and welfare. you might have to get on welfare until you get back on your feet. they might help him get a better ed too. they are me. good luck, and trust me, i know how you feel.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Welfare office will help you all out also have your hubby go to the unemployment office and they can help him with job search. Everyone is going though hard times right now, some worst then others. Hang in there it will get better.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2010