Do the moms and dads from MTV's "Teen Mom" and "16 and Pregnant" get paid?

I was just curious because some of them seem to be having lots of money issues so I was wondering if they aren't paid, aren't paid much or if they are paid a lot and some of them just blow it?

Farrah seems to have lots of money troubles and has to work super hard to pay her bills. Maci seems to do okay. Caitlynn and Tyler seem to do okay and neither have jobs but seem to be able to handle the expenses they do have. Amber (who is my least favorite and is super trashy IMO) seems to have money issues when it comes to things like diapers but always has her nails done and is wearing nicer clothes.

Anyways....I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• I believe I read somewhere that they do get paid. But not a "extravagant" amount like the cast of Friends or anything like that. However everything you mentioned I have noticed, especially with Amber. How she has money to purchase herself things, take self defense classes and get her nails done, but Leah doesn't have a clean crib sheet on her bed. SMDH!!!! Hopefully someday soon someone will spell out the word P-R-I-O-R-I-T-Y to her.
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 4:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Oh yeah, they get paid. They all have nice cars and can afford apts. with the jobs they have they could have all the stuff they have
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Maci does well for herself. She is the only one who actually seems to have her head on right. Farrah comes from a family with money. Just because she is "working hard" doesn't mean much. She moved out to get away from her mom and to prove a point. She spends money on unnecessary crap, look at the birthday shirts she made, then took her kid for a pedicure, yeah she's going to remember that. Catelynn and Tyler at first I thought they had their heads right but then I think the episode two weeks ago, where they couldn't graduate, I was like maybe they don't. I mean Catelynn seriously blamed them not graduating on their baby, that they adopted out. She said she missed so much school being pregnant. Sounds like an excuse to me to be honest. Amber can go get punched in the ass for all I care. She is a piece of sh*t.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I honestly think they do get paid probably alot..LOok at all the tlc stars..You gotta remember they are teens and they probably aren't all that responsible with money..I honestly think amber needs a wakeup call though her house is filthy it seems like her daughter is always wearing the same clothes yet she's wearing nice clothes I mean what the hell does she do wash her clothes and buy her clothes and not her baby? As for Farrah I think it's all a tv act for her she's probably not like she seems in front of the camera I think she's a spoiled brat..Maci is responsible as far as they show but what about what they don't show? She moves away from home to go be with a guy who she broke up with a week later? That to me isn't having it together if you ask me irresponsible move on her part..Catelyn is a total bitch for cheating on tyler the whole time I think she has as many issues as her mother.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think...for 16&Pregnant, I'm not sure if they do or not. To me that one's like they are given the opportunity to be on the show and it's more their choice.

With Teen Mom, I haven't heard confirmations, but that would've been more MTV wanting them to continue, so I would assume that yeah, they get paid.

My thinking with it though is that the show is supposed to show the struggles of being a Teen Mom...including financial difficulty...so my thoughts are that they money they are getting paid is put into a separate account that they can't get access to until they are done taping or as like a trust fund for the babies. But that's my thinking on it...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010