Prodromal labor?

How long does prodromal labor (or however you spell that) last? This is getting ridiculous, I'm having horribly strong contractions for 5 hours at a time....no matter what I do they don't go away....they keep me awake and they make me want to cry! How long does this last before I will have my baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not sure what you are talking about. If you are talking about Braxton-Hicks(false labor contractions) they can go on for months all the way to delievry day!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Prodromal labor has been misnamed as “false labor." Prodromal labor begins much as traditional labor but does not progress to the birth of the baby. Not everyone feels this stage of labor, though it does always occur. However, this does not mean that every woman will experience every symptom. The term is used to describe a cluster of physical changes that may take place in a pregnant woman before she goes into "real" labor, such as an increase in blood volume (sometimes resulting in edema), Braxton Hicks contractions, the presence of colostrum in the breasts, and the dislodging of the mucous plug that has sealed the cervix during the pregnancy.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 5:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well there isn't a set in / out time...
    It can last a short or long time. What that means, exactly ~?
    What are you doing to help yourself?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have been in prodromal labor since 30 weeks. I am now 35 weeks today, and still having contractions.. Good luck.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• 36w, same thing since 31w... annoying and painful
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 1:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010