IS IT WRONG OF ME.....

I want to vote for McCain simply because when I weigh my pros and cons, McCain is the one that comes out better to me but I also think that Obama will be a great president as well. So in your opinion does it make more since for me to go with McCain since even though I think both would make a good president?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• why would you be a bad person if you have weighed it out and you have decided you agree with McCain?

as long as you have thought it through, you are not a bad person.

now if you were saying you're voting McCain because Obama is black, that'd be bad but you're not, you're basing it on the issues.

BTW I'm for Obama :)
    Anonymous

• You are doing a stellar job of being a thoughtful voter. How could it be wrong of you to vote for the candidate who seems better to you when you have weighed the pros and cons? It is GREAT when people like yourself look at things carefully. Thank you !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• no is not wrong of you. you measured both candidates and went with the one that better represents your personal beliefs, that's awsome, that you took the time to do your research.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• y would u think ur worng unless your not being truful with something. there has to be a reason y u feel guilty about voting for mccain. if u weighed all your options out like u said, and ur voting for mccain because thats who u think will run this country better then there should be no guilt.
    marie0430815

Answer by marie0430815 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Don't feel guilty at all. You thought it through and no one can fault you for that. All I can say is go with what will make you happy and who you think will do the better job.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 1:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• OP,

I think you are making an EXCELLENT decision! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I think you are making the best decision FOR YOU. It's not one I agree with, but I would never tell you you are wrong for it.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 1:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You vote for the candidate that more aligns with your convictions and beliefs. The candidate whose record backs that up! That doesn't make you bad whatsoever!! By the way, I'm voting for McCain because his voting record backs up my beliefs and convictions for the most part. The fact that Obama couldn't even get a job with the FBI because he wouldn't even be able to pass a clearance test due to his connections and relationships with terrorists and radicals tells me more than anything he says!!!!!!! I do not believe what is said, I look at a tract record of voting and policies to make a vote that aligns with my beliefs!

Anonymous

• I agree with LoriKEET :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• if you have done your homework and go with your convictions and what issues are most important to you then whom ever you choose is the right one. Good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008