how old is a dog before she stops going into heat?

my dog is five now. Can't afford to get her spayed but was wondering how long before she stopes on her own?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pets

• Our dog, Maggie, was 10 years old and still going into heat. What sold me on getting her spayed was the vet saying that she could get cervical cancer. Most SPCAs have low cost spay/neuter programs if you can find one in your area.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• you can google low cost spay and neuter in your area and find one you can afford! she would be better off spayed and much, much healthier.
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 8:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• she will never stop going into heat unless you have her spayed. Look for a low cost clinic in your area.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Agree with the low-cost spay options - some places have you paying close to nothing (just had the cats done for $30 each). Some of my girls have been 10 years old before they stopped (and certainly would be dangerous for them to have puppies at that old too).
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• dogs never stop going into heat unless they go streirle like i think my pointer mix did
    fightformyRaine

Answer by fightformyRaine at 12:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010